Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Grackle68k v0.0.2ß

Here's Grackle68k v0.0.2 for you to download if you like...

Download Grackle68k v0.0.2ß

Features:
  • You can post a Tweet.
  • Small amount of sanity/error checking.
  • Crashes less*
Todo:
  • Save encoded username/password.
  • Refine look and feel.
  • Character limits.
  • More error checking.
  • Display tweets.
  • etc etc etc
  • DA version.
If you try it out, let me know if it works. The authentication code isn't well tested. You can post bug reports here, or send me an email. Let me know what model of Macintosh, system version and amount of memory you're using.

I've tested it with on a 2MB SE running system 6.0.5 and an LC475 running System 7.5.3.

I need some time away from this project. I feel like I should have a lot more to show for my efforts. The Macintosh Toolbox *and* pascal wear me out. However, I expect to keep working on it. It's a good excuse to keep pushing my classic mac programming skills and keep what little I have sharp.

* My previous TCP app mpc68k crashed a lot (always). Starting again from Peter Lewis's OOP TCP libs, this time I took the time to create my own objects, and pulling the address object out of the main TCP objects seems to have made things more modular and more stable. I also put some time into planning how to use both the OOP TCP libs and TransSkel. Theoretically development should be more rapid because of this.

No comments: